FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EL PASO LATINX STARTUPS COMPETE TO ACCESS VENTURE CAPITAL
El Paso, TX – The El Paso Pitch startup competition is sponsored by Hispanics In Philanthropy and led by Success Through Technology Education (STTE) Foundation; with support from various funding organizations, are hosting an economic development event that connects local LatinX startups with national investors to access venture capital.
Historically, there have been limited opportunities for El Paso startups to connect with venture capital and scale. However, STTE is changing the narrative by preparing nine local high-tech startups to pitch in a “Shark Tank” style event in front of potential investors.
The nine LatinX high-tech startup entrepreneurs consist of sports and medical products, advanced manufacturing, EdTech, artificial intelligence, drone, and Non-Fungible Token (NFT) technology. Thanks to event sponsor Hispanics In Philanthropy; Startups are competing for an opportunity to win $30,000 in non-dilutive cash that could potentially help them scale.
El Paso Pitch is free to the public and takes place Saturday, May 21, 2022, from 8:30 A.M. MDT to 1:00 P.M. MDT at the University of Texas at El Paso in the UGLC Auditorium.
- FatBat: sports product (https://fatbatgrips.com/)
- OTEN Medical: medical product (https://otenmedical.com/)
- Klevy Tea: beverage brand (https://www.klevytea.com/)
- PM Technologies: advanced manufacturing (https://www.pmtechs.com/)
- Intern Bytes: diversity internship platform (https://www.internbytes.com)
- MusicStar.Ai: artificial intelligence entertainment (https://musicstar.ai/)
- CryptoLotería: NFT (Non Fungible Token) game (https://linktr.ee/
- Sentinel Delivery: drone delivery technology (https://sentineldelivery.com/
- Innovare: EdTech software (https://innovaresip.com/)
VENTURE CAPITAL JUDGES ATTENDING
A total of five prominent leaders who will judge the startup pitches include;
- John Chavez, Managing Director at NM Startup Factory
- Noreen Gillen, Wealth Management Advisor at Merrill Lynch
- Laura M. Lucas, Partner at Lat VC
- Holly Trubowitsch, CFO, Main Strike
- Manuel Yanez, Associate, LEAP Global Partners
EVENT AGENDA: SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2022
UTEP UGLC AUDITORIUM
8:30 A.M. – Opening Ceremony
9:00 A.M. – Group A Pitches (5min pitches with 5 min judges Q&A)
FatBat, OTEN Medical, Klevy Tea, and PM Technologies
10 min Break
10:00 A.M. – Group B Pitches (5min pitches with 5 min judges Q&A)
InternBytes, MusicStar.Ai, CryptoLotería, Sentinel Delivery, and Innovare
11:30 A.M. – Lunch
12:15 P.M. – Fire Side Chat by Startup Grind on Access to Capital
12:45 P.M. – Awards Ceremony Sponsored by Hispanics In Philanthropy
Visit ElPasoPitch.com for more details regarding the startup competition. All important public information is posted on STTE’s ElPasoPitch Twitter https://twitter.com/
STTE, a nonprofit organization, launched in 2018 in the Southwest Texas Borderplex Region with the intent of a twenty-year vision to support efforts to develop, deploy, and advance educational programs focused on harvesting entrepreneurship ecosystems and a STEAM-ready workforce and technology comprehension. Within our existence, we have collaborated with industry partners to address challenges through the design and deployment of innovative educational products. STTE’s Mission is to develop and deploy entrepreneurship and STEAM-based educational programs for students and adults that accelerate and advance economic development. STTE Tagline: Stories STEAM and Startups.