(El Paso, TX) — Nov. 14, 2019 – As the nation continues its unprecedented focus on math, science, technology and entrepreneurship, a coalition of El Pasoans have identified a select group of local educators who are preparing this region’s next generation of professionals to become leaders in the expeditiously evolving technology fields.
These eight educators — stellar performers from campus programs throughout El Paso and Las Cruces — were honored at a banquet on Thursday, November 14th from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Wyndham Hotel in El Paso. This annual platform highlights individuals who are successfully inspiring students with innovative, engaging instruction and experience.
Additionally, the Success Through Technology Education Foundation launched a scholarship by the name of the Estela Casas Education Scholarship Fund. The intention of this scholarship is to allocate funds and reward high school students who wish to create entrepreneurial solutions in the field of health technology.
2019 Honored Educators:
- El Paso Electric Regional Innovator Award, Lauren Curry, New Mexico State University
- Microsoft Technology Cultivator Award, James Ryan, Frank Macias Elementary, Clint ISD
- Prudential Math Architect Award, Sergio Estrada, Riverside High School, YISD
- CREEED Education Leadership Award, Margie Nelson Rodriguez, El Paso Community College
- Glassell Family Foundation Inspirational Pathway Award, Hector Lugo Nevarez, University of Texas at El Paso
- STTE Foundation Entrepreneurship Producer Award, Michael Nelson, Fab Labs El Paso
- Outstanding School Achievement Award, Manuela Gomez, Professor, El Paso Community College, Philosophy Club
- STEAM Creator Award, Alejandra Galindo, Clint ISD